Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Essential Rumi


When I am with you, we stay up all the night.
When you’re not here, I can’t go to sleep.

Praise God for these two insomnias!
And the difference between them.

The minute I heard my first love story.
I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.

Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere.
They’re in each other all along.

We are the mirror as well as the face in it.
We are tasting the taste this minute
of eternity.
We are pain and what cures pain both . We are
the sweet cold water and the jar that pours.

I want to hold you close like a lute,
So we can cry out with loving .

You would rather throw stones at a mirror?
I am your mirror, and here are the stones.

The Essential Rumi

1 comment:

  1. • IL&FS Transportation Network announces re-financing of senior debtGIC leads race to buy 40% in DLF rental arm for Rs12,000 crore.
    • HPCL and Repco Home Finance fall over 5%.
    CapitalStars

    ReplyDelete